How do you manage stress effectively?

Hey, does anyone have any more ideas on how to manage stress effectively?

Whether the source of stress is work or home related, essentially it boils down to don’t worry about things you cannot control, and if you can control it, do something about it.

Stress is caused by the feeling of a lack of control over what you have to do and worry about whether you’ll achieve the goals in time. List the tasks to do with a date of when they need to be completed, Classify the tasks as Urgent / Important (or both), Prioritise the tasks based on the above and work through the list, Do not allow yourself to be distracted by lower value tasks when higher value tasks exist, Understand that you naturally will gravitate to the ‘comfort zone’ tasks so make sure the 1st jobs in the morning are the not so nice tasks. Grasp that thistle and pull it out. Get it done quickly otherwise you’ll procrastinate and will not be effective. Make time for yourself to recharge the batteries. Ideally some form of physical exercise outside. Reward yourself for a job well done.. “When I finish this I'll reward myself by..” this produces a dopamine hit you get after a pleasurable activity which helps to reinforce that behaviour. The brain's memory centre records the reward, which it then uses it an incentive to drive motivation. Be aware that comfort food, coffee or increased alcohol intake is detrimental to your overall health which will impact on your mindset

null

Content aside

• 3 mths agoLast active
  • 10Views
  • 1 Following